Pentecom’s core experience in technical data standards, an area that requires significant experience and knowledge, allows us to make good decisions for a complex program or organization. This type of experience and knowledge cannot be absorbed through simple training or self-study. Pentecom shares our experience and guides our customers with appropriate recommendations, options, and explanations when needed.
Contact Phone: 888.773.9067 – ext. 7480
Our President, Kathy Rainbolt, is an internationally recognized and respected senior professional with over 29 years of experience in all facets of information technology including management, consulting, training, marketing, database design and implementation, systems analysis and design, and programming. Ms. Rainbolt has integrated and implemented electronic publishing systems; imaging systems; accounting systems; secure information systems; and information management systems for federal, state, and local governments and industry. She has specific expertise in XML/SGML, standards development and policy support (particularly S1000D and United States (U.S.) military technical data standards), Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals or Publications (IETMs/IETPs), conversion to structured text and graphic formats, and publishing and viewing of standards-based technical data, including the development of S1000D Issue 4.0 eXtensible Stylesheet Language-Formatting Object (XSL-FO) style sheets for the U.S. Army.
Ms. Rainbolt is a member of several S1000D standards committees:
- U.S. S1000D Management Group (USSMG): Technical Liaison, Business Rules and Acquisition Guidance Subproject co-chair
- U.S. S1000D Implementation Group (USSIG): Founding co-chair, Non-linear subproject member
- International S1000D: Steering Committee member, Implementation Guidance and Business Rules Task Team (IGBRTT) member, Electronic Publications Working Group (EPWG) member
- Chapter owner for S1000D Chapter 2.5.3, Business rule decision points index (to be introduced in Issue 4.1) and developer of automation to generate the index from S1000D chapters currently maintained in Microsoft Word.
Contact Phone: 888.773.9067 – ext. 7481
Our Executive Vice-President, Kimberly Willmott, has over 25 years of experience in the areas of electronic publishing standards including S1000D; markup technologies including document conversion, Document Type Definition (DTD), Formatted Output Specification Instance (FOSI), SGML, XML, and XSL-FO development; management of multiple projects in the document conversion industry, standards, and electronic publishing. Ms. Willmott has prior experience in successfully converting S1000D Issue 3.0 data modules to Issue 4.0 using XSLT style sheets with a Java front-end and is uniquely qualified to lead the automation effort for this task.
- Co-chair of the EPWG and is the chair for the USSIG subgroup Tools, Technologies and Markup.
- S1000D 4.1 Chapter 184.108.40.206.14, Content Section – Maintenance Checklists and Inspections.
Director of Consulting
Contact Phone: 888.773.9067 – ext. 7489
Our Director of Consulting Services, Bill Wendel, is an internationally recognized S1000D expert and directs the resolution of any issues that may be encountered regarding compliance of converted data with S1000D and your legacy data. Mr. Wendel has over 21 years of experience and has been intimately involved with military technical data standards and S1000D for the past 10 years.
Mr. Wendel supports the technical data community in the following capacities:
- Secretary for the USSMG
- Co-Chair of the Functionality Matrix/IETP Look & Feel Subproject Group
- Member of the EPWG
He is the S1000D chapter owner and is responsible for the content of the following S1000D chapters:
- Chapter 6.3 – Information presentation/use – Interactive electronic technical publications
- Chapter 6.3.1 – IETP – Output specification
- Chapter 6.4 – Information presentation/use – Functionality
- Chapter 6.4.1 – Functionality – Background and explanation
- Chapter 6.4.2 – Functionality – Functionality matrix
Director of Conversion Services
Contact Phone: 888.773.9067 – ext. 7482
Sherry Burk is a senior member of the Pentecom management. She has over 20 years of experience with document conversion, systems development and automation, and technical support. She has provided project management and technical support for a full range of Pentecom’s conversion capabilities. Some areas of expertise include verification and parsing of complex medical material and equations in SGML, development of programs for automated conversion to a wide range of structured document conversion formats, and development of detailed Quality Assurance Plans. Ms. Burk has the knowledge required to make this project run smoothly from beginning to end. Her outstanding management and technical skills enable Pentecom to complete very fast-paced and technically challenging projects within budget and on schedule.
Director of Software and IT Services
Contact Phone: 888.773.9067 – ext. 7484
Our Director of Software and IT Services, Ryan Augsburger, is an international expert in S1000D with over 25 years of experience in Electronic Publishing Standards including S1000D; software requirements definition, development, test, and deployment; markup technologies including document conversion, Document Type Definition (DTD), SGML, XML, and eXtensible Stylesheet Language (XSL); and technical leadership and technical consulting. He also has experience in Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) standards including provisioning and logistic support analysis; Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools; Agile software development methodology.
Mr. Augsburger has been involved with S1000D since 2000, serving on the following committees:
- Electronic Publications Working Group (EPWG) – Chair 2006-2012 (First non-European to hold a chairmanship position in the S1000D community); He served as U.S. Co-Vice-Chair 2004-2006
- United States S1000D Implementation Group (USSIG) – Chair 2002-2006 – Instrumental in initial interest gathering, formation, and organization of the USSIG
He has also served on the S-Series ILS Specifications in the following capacities:
- Vice-chair and secretary of the Data Modeling and Exchange Working Group (DMEWG) 2012 – present
- Publication owner for SX001G Glossary for S-Series ILS Specifications.
Mr. Augsburger oversees the Pentecom software development team. He works closely with the consulting team to ensure that customer expectations are captured correctly into software requirements and with the conversion team to capture automated conversion requirements. He also oversees the Pentecom IT department, ensuring that the Pentecom computing infrastructure meets or exceeds requirements for security, configuration management, and availability.
Business Development Manager
Contact Phone: 888.773.9067 – ext. 7501
Susan Fort is our Business Development Manager and has over 24 years of experience in the areas of product development; electronic publishing standards and markup technologies including document conversion; and data analysis. Susan also has a deep understanding of Document Type Definitions (DTDs), Formatted Output Specification Instances (FOSIs), SGML, XML, and XSL-FO development. She has managed multiple projects in the document conversion industry, standards, and electronic publishing for both military and industry customers. She also has extensive experience developing information management systems and content lifecycle solutions in various vertical markets including Medical, Publishing, Education, Telecommunication, Aviation, Software, and Manufacturing.
Corinne “Corky” Rockweiler
Senior Technical Data Standards Specialist
Contact Phone: 888.773.9067 – ext. 7486
Corky Rockweiler has over 16 years of experience in the technical publications field and is an expert on related U.S. military and international standards and specifications. She has extensive experience in business rule development in an S1000D environment and has been the initial developer of corresponding Business Rules Exchange (BREX) data modules for various U.S. military services, commands, and programs.
Ms. Rockweiler is currently an active member for the following S1000D committees:
- Electronic Publications Working Group (EPWG) where she is the delegated backup maintainer for the S1000D default BREX
- Business Rules Working Group (BRWG) where she was instrumental in the development of the business rules document (brDoc) Schema for Issue 4.2
- Implementation Guide Task Team (IGTT)
- Data Samples Working Group (DSWG)
- S1000D Modularization Task Team (SMTT)
Corky is the current S1000D chapter owner for Chapter 220.127.116.11.11.11, Common information repository – Controls and indicators.
Senior Technical Data Consultant
Contact Phone: 888.773.9067 – ext. 7495
Jeff Deskins is an ex-U.S. Air Force weapons systems technician with over 27 years working in both technology and aerospace. He began his career as a technical writer in both defense and the civil aerospace sector and then moving on as a developer building publishing solutions using SGML and XML technologies. He also has extensive experience developing information management systems and content lifecycle solutions in various vertical markets including Pharma, Life Sciences, Automotive, Aviation, Software, and Manufacturing.
Standards development has been a large part of Mr. Deskins’ career working in S1000D, ATA iSpec2200 and iSpec2300, Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA), Learning/SCORM, and DocBook. His specialties Include:
- Information Architecture
- Content and Business Process Reengineering
- Content Management
- XML and SGML Technologies
- User Training and Support
- eLearning and Course Development
Mr. Deskins is currently on the following S1000D committees:
- Electronic Publications Working Group (EPWG)
- Civil Aviation Working Group (CAWG)