The public release of SX001G Issue 1.1, Glossary for the S-Series ILS specifications, will soon be coming from the Aerospace Industries Association (AIA) and Aerospace and Defense Industries Association of Europe (ASD) Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Specification Council (SC). Ryan Augsburger, Pentecom’s Director of Software and IT Services, is the chapter owner of all 33 chapters of SX001G and is an active member of the ILS SC Data Modeling and Exchange Working Group (DMEWG) which produces SX001G. Mr. Augsburger (Pentecom) stated that “SX001G Issue 1.1 has been approved by the ILS SC editor-in-chief and has come back from publishing”. The ILS SC will make a formal announcement shortly at which time SX001G Issue 1.1 will be available for download at www.sx000i.org.
SX001G Glossary for the S-Series ILS specifications provides a consolidated and harmonized set of terms and definitions that are used within each of the individual S-Series ILS specifications which includes:
- S1000D International specification for technical publications using a common source database
- S2000M International specification for material management – Integrated data processing for military equipment
- S3000L International procedure specification for Logistics Support Analysis (LSA)
- S4000P International specification for developing and continuously improving preventive maintenance
- S5000F International specification for in-service data feedback
- S6000T International specification for training analysis and design – Human performance analysis, training analysis and training design
- SX000i International guide for the use of the S-Series Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Specifications
The glossary will eventually include both business terms and data item terms. Business terms include concepts that are significant for understanding one or more of the S-Series ILS specifications. Data item terms correspond to the elements defined within the data models of the S-Series ILS specifications. The scope of Issue 1.1 of SX001G is limited to the terms and definitions of the data items defined in SX002D Issue 1.1, Common data model for the S-Series ILS specifications.