Pentecom uses the following series of elements in dealing with our customers’ projects:
- Document analysis – We review the source documents to identify any characteristics that would require updates to our conversion automation
- Collaboration with the Customer – We work with you to resolve how incompatible updates between older issues of S1000D and the current issue of S1000D will be handled (i.e., deciding whether content that exists in deleted elements should be moved, commented, or deleted; deciding what values should be inserted for mandatory elements and attributes that were added in later Issues; etc.).
- Development of automation – If required by your project, we add to existing automation to fulfill the specific requirements of your source data.
- Testing of automation – In order to confirm that our automation processes will work on your source data, we run selected samples of source data through the automation, review the results, and provide feedback to our programmer.
- Development of a sample for review – We develop an output sample to discuss with you so that you will know how your converted data will be formatted.
- Conversion of the full set of data – After you have approved the output sample, we will convert the full set of your data by performing the following:
- Quality checking of the converted data – We provide a thorough quality check of your data by parsing, validating against BREXs, and manually reviewing your data.
- Publishing and reviewing the results – We then publish and review the results before submitting the final product to you for your review and acceptance.
- Providing feedback on automation issues to the programmer – We provide feedback to our programmer to ensure that any additional problems in the automation are fixed
- Coordinating with the client on newly identified content issues to determine how to handle in the automation and/or review – We coordinate any newly identified content issues with you to determine how to handle them in order to completely satisfy your requirements.